LYON STRIVES TO:
- refurbish 35,000 m2 of existing buildings to reduce their energy consumption
- develop local renewable energy production: photovoltaic systems (1MWp) and a wood-fired co-generation power plant (2MWe/4MWth)
- reduce the use of conventional cars by providing alternative means of transport for inhabitants: smart charging stands, electric-vehicle car-sharing system and an autonomous driverless electric shuttle
- develop a data platform to monitor energy production and consumption in the area, and the actual effects and benefits of measures implemented to reach the zero carbon objective
- involve citizens in the redevelopment of the Lyon Confluence area and the implementation of new services (creation of an urban living lab to allow citizens and users to co-design the smart city solutions).
- increase the quality of life of inhabitants through construction of comfortable and affordable dwellings and office places, convenient public spaces, easy access to the district, etc.
SPL Lyon ConfluenceLyon Metropolis