With the aid of cutting-edge technology and the intelligent use of data, the aim is to reduce fossil fuel consumption in Neuaubing-Westkreuz/Freiham and improve residents’ quality of life. The magic number for this district is ‘20’: In Neuaubing-Westkreuz/Freiham, Smarter Together aims to cut CO2 emissions by more than 20 %, raise the use of renewable energy to above 20 % and increase energy efficiency by more than 20 %. Until 2050 Munich strives to be CO2-neutral in Neuaubing-Westkreuz/Freiham.
MUNICH STRIVES TO:
- Refurbish houses in order to reduce energy consumption
- Construct multimodal mobility stations with multifunctional district sharing boxes that increase e-mobility and serve as exchange and delivery stations for goods
- Install smart street lamps that consume less energy and facilitate new services
- Design a neighbourhood app which creates intelligent links between all services to drive better acceptance
- and wider use of the offerings described above
Under the aegis of the SMARTER TOGETHER project, the City of Munich is cooperating with eleven partners in the business and academic communities. Between now and 2021, it will invest a total of around 20 million euro in the 350-hectare district, of which 6.85 million euro will come from the EU.